Steroids are recognized as chemicals, sometimes hormones and they are produced by your body in a natural process. These compounds aid your cells, tissues and organs to do their respective jobs. For a normal functioning of your body, you are required to have a healthy stability of steroids. Mainly, there are two types of steroids; anabolic steroids and corticosteroids. Steroids can have adverse side effects that include cataracts and weakened bones which are why you should limit their use for a short time only. There are countless bodybuilders, athletes and fitness enthusiasts who take anabolic steroids for the purpose of bodybuilding and building muscles.
For achieving personal goals, anabolic steroids are taken in varying dosages and cycles. There are numerous anabolic steroids used by athletes and the names of the common steroids are Anavar, Dianabol, Anadrol, Deca-Durabolin, Testosterone, Primobolan, Proviron, Equipoise, Halotestin, Winstrol, TrenboloneEnanthate, Trenbolone Acetate, Masteron, Turinabol, Primoteston, Sustanon, Testosterone Isocaproate, Testosterone Undecanoate, Testosterone Propionate, Testosterone Enanthate, Winstrol Depot, Testosterone Cypionate, Primoteston, Testosterone Suspension and Testosterone Decanoate. However, there are some steroids that have no relation to bodybuilding or athletic performance and examples of such steroids are corticosteroids. In fact, hundreds of various types of steroids are also there that are manufactured from insects, plants, animals and fungi.
Classification of anabolic steroids
Chiefly, there are a couple of ways that you can use to class steroids based on their types and those which can augment your muscles or improve athleticism.
- Steroids for bulking, cutting and strength
- Types of steroids; oral form and the injectable form
There are some steroids that can be taken both orally and you can inject them too. Additionally, some steroids perform the job of both bulking and cutting.
- Bulking steroids – Anadrol and Dianabol are categorized as bulking steroids as they help you in developing muscles fast. Other steroids are Testosterone, Deca-Durabolin, Anavar, Winstrol and Trenbolone.
- Cutting steroids – These steroids help your body for lessening fat and preserving thin muscle tissue. Anavar and Winstrol fall under this category and other compounds comprise of Trenbolone, Clenbuterol (though not a usual anabolic steroid) and Deca-Durabolin.
- Strength steroids – Trenbolone and Deca-Durabolin fall under this category of steroids that can largely encourage your athletic performance. Other anabolic steroids are Anadrol, Halotestin and Superdrol.
- Oral steroids – AnadrolOxymetholone, DianabolMethandrostenolone, Winstrol, Turinabol, Halotestin, Proviron and AnavarOxandrolone.
- Injectable steroids – Testosterone, Masteron, Winstrol Depot, Deca-Durabolin, Primobolan, Trenbolone Acetate and Equipoise.
Dependency on anabolic steroids
A long-term steroid use can lead to dependency on anabolic steroids. Dependency is a feeling where a person fails to perform his functions naturally without taking steroids. Sometimes anabolic steroids used by athletes create dependency and these effects are more when anabolic steroids are overused or taken for a lengthier period of time than suggested. When the person stops taking these drugs he feels depressed and an unpleasant feeling engulfs him. Under such circumstances, withdrawal treatment becomes necessary. The withdrawal treatment is carried out by physicians and they are done to lessen the impacts of side effects.